I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

Mission: Revival of hearts for Jesus and the growth of His Kingdom through believers committed to allowing The Lord to guide their footsteps into neighborhoods and communities, praying for all of the people and households they are led past.


Monday, February 6, 2012

Don't shoot the messenger!

Luke 12:  48 ... From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
Throughout my journey, this verse has come to mind many times.  It has been one that has taken me down several thought paths and has continually evolved.  Initially, I used it to pray that all those I was led past would see God for who He is and all He has given each and every person whom He chose to place in our free country.  Free to make choices regarding our lifestyles and our life choices.  I thought often about the astounding statistics regarding lifestyle choices and preventable disease, early disability and death.
Since then, my thoughts have been fed by scripture I am studying weekly in my BSF class.
This week we are studying 1 Corinthians.  Capter 3, verses 16 & 17 say... "Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple."
I believe God is clearly stating that we Americans have been given much, including freedom to choose our lifestyle.  He has also given us the ability to exercise self-control (much will be demanded). I listen to The Word preached by several different preachers and I often hear that we are called to stay away from drug and alcohol addictions, adultery, pride, covetness, love of money, etc...but I rarely hear anything preached about the dangers and consequences of gluttony and disobedience regarding  the destruction of God's temple.  Obesity is the #1 cause of preventable disease.  Over 60% of Americans are obese.
MOVE your body out of your house and into your neighborhood in order to love your neighbors as yourself through PRAYerOBEY God's will that your body, God's temple, will be made a healthier place for God's Spirit to live.  When you decide to MOVE, PRAY and OBEY to serve God instead of yourself, you will be blessed and amazed by the surprises God has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment